Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Music to Create By: Kidults


Kidults is our all-time, go-to, high energy music. The artist is Mandy Patinkin- does the name ring a bell? Although Mr. Patinkin has done countless tv shows, plays, and movies, in our house he will always be “My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.”
(The Princess Bride. Best. Movie. Ever.)
The music on this album is a combination of classic kid songs, like “A Tisket, A Tasket,” songs from musicals, like “If I Only Had a Brain,” and a few oddballs. There are also two perfect Valentine’s songs: "A You're Adorable" is an alphabetic tribute, and "Rhode Island is Famous for You" is a tongue-in-cheek look at the fifty states (pencils come from Pennsylvania…)
The combination of laugh-aloud humor and music keeps us all in stitches. I can’t recommend this one enough. “Cat’s in a Cradle” depresses me, so I skip it every time, but we would not miss “April in Fairbanks” for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment